Novnos-Zimbra Desktop Client Version 7.2.7 GA Release
Setting up your Novnos-Zimbra Web Client account
Before you can use Zimbra Desktop , you must first enter settings for your existing account. The first time you open Zimbra Desktop you are asked to set up an account. You can set up additional accounts at any time.
Before you begin to set up an account, make sure you are connected to the Internet.
1. Open Zimbra Desktop and in the right top corner, click Setup.
2. Click ADD NEW ACCOUNT. In the Account Type list, select Zimbra. The Zimbra Account Setup page displays. Enter the following information.
- Account Name. This is the name that displays as the account name in Zimbra Desktop. Each account must have a different name. For example, as this is a Novnos account, you could call it Novnos or your Company Name.
- Email Address. Enter your company email address.
- Password. Enter the password that you enter to log into your company email account.
- Incoming Mail Server. Enter the server address mail.novnos.com
- Security. Use SSL encryption when accessing this server.
- From Synchronize Settings, select how often Zimbra Desktop should get data from your account. The default is to check messages as new mail arrives, and sync all messages.
3. When you are finished, click Validate and Save.
Zimbra Desktop validates your account information. If your account is successfully validated, you see the Service Created dialog. If your account is not successfully validated, you are returned to the Account Setup dialog so you can review and make corrections.
4. To open Desktop, click Launch Desktop. You can start to work in Zimbra Desktop as your accounts are being synchronized.